Ford Integrated Diagnostic System (IDS)
The Ford IDS is the only equipment that provides complete diagnostic coverage, including module programming and key programming of 1996 to current and future Ford and Lincoln vehicles. The IDS will operate on multiple PC platforms meeting the minimum specifications and having a valid IDS software license subscription. IDS software license subscriptions are available online at the PTS, Ford Fleet, or Motorcraftservice website.
Vehicle Communication Module II (VCM II)
The VCM II communicates with Ford and Lincoln vehicles via the 16-pin diagnostic link. This device is the core of vehicle diagnostics. An IDS software license subscription (sold separately) provides access to the software which uses the VCM II hardware to perform vehicle diagnostics.
VCM II FEATURES
- The VCM II is designed to have comparable vehicle and model year coverage to the VCM
- All VCM II’s will operate as a Customer Flight Recorder (CFR) with an optional pendant cable 164-R9806 to replace the functionality of the Vehicle Data Recorder (VDR)
- Industry standardized J1962 Data Link Connector (DLC) and USB cables allow the user to realize a lower cost of ownership compared to the VCM
- Includes enhanced 802.11 wireless that minimizes dependencies on service department wireless infrastructure
- New wireless software integrated with IDS installation package
- Wireless functionality preferred for all IDS functions including module reprogramming. USB wired connections are only required to update the VCM II loaded code firmware and to set up the VCM II to function as a Customer Flight Recorder (CFR)
- Improved durability
- SmartPower Management system to protect the VCM II in extreme environments
- 2 Year warranty on VCM II and cables
IDS License Purchase and Product Support
Additional resources including IDS software license purchase, software download, user’s manuals, troubleshooting guides, system requirements, support and more are available by accessing the customer resource pages shown below.
Aftermarket and Fleets Customers
https://www.motorcraftservice.com/ and select Diagnostic Tool Support from the top navigation menu.
Dealers or customers with a PTS subscription
http://www.proservicetech.com/ and select Rotunda > Diagnostic Tool Support from the top navigation menu for IDS license and product information. For additional product or license technical support please fill out a TIS request form found under the technical support menu.